Monday, May 11, 2009

Run Like a Mother




Saturday I completed my first 5k with Pamela and Jola. It was a lot of fun and I’m extremely proud to have completed it! :) The race was called Run Like a Mother and it was at Metro Park. I’m ready for my next one, Pam let’s sign up!
Props to Pamela she took 2nd in our age group!



Last Friday before the race I could not walk. I was in severe pain; I didn’t even go to work. Today Chalene Johnson’s facebook status was-

“Reading very interesting info bout 'overtraining'. Do u take at least 1 day a week and I mean zero exercise on that day?”

My answer would have been- no, not really. Even on a “rest day” I manage throwing in some turbo video or hitting the gym. That’s a bad idea I hear!

Overtraining is an emotional, behavioral and physical condition that occurs when the volume and intensity of an individual's exercise exceeds their recovery capacity.

I was talking to Kathy about this today before we did Punch, Kick & Jam and Extreme ABS. My mind tells me, “keep going, why should you stop a day?!” when my body starts to say “slow down, rest a bit.” Who do you think I listen to? My rude, pushy mind. I’m going to try and enjoy an actual rest day so that these painful leg days do not keep coming back.

1 comment:

  1. Dudeee. blogspot? really? =P

    buy a .com name, and use WordPress.org.

    I'll set it up for you, and i'm 99% sure you can import the entries you already have.

    it's what I use for www.techjawa.com

    ReplyDelete