Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Movie Review for "Angels and Demons"


I just came back from seeing the movie with Mat and I have mixed opinions. I understand that books need to be changed to fit into the wonderful world of cinema; however, this one was changed a lot. Within the first five minutes key actions/characters/relationships (in my opinion) were completely different, not developed whatsoever, or entirely left out, MAJOR characters. Even major themes were hardly touched on or explained for the viewing audience, like the conflict of science and religion.


I think that for someone who has read the book, which was great, very suspenseful, dramatic and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time, the movie will be a letdown, I’m sorry to say that. For someone who has not read the book, the movie might be a better experience.
However, it was really cool, both when reading & when watching, to know that I have been to many of the places in the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment