Friday, December 31, 2010

"Goodnight Tweetheart" Book Review


I only knew two things when I picked this book up – it was about Twitter and it was a love story – that’s all I needed to know!

This was such a quick read. Even if it wasn't easy to fly through on its own, the fact that I really liked it would have still made me read it in only a few hours (which I did).

“Goodnight Tweetheart” is a love story in 140 characters or less.

If “140 characters” means NOTHING to you…we need to talk after you get out from under your rock!

Okay, it’s actually the limit Twitter gives you to make a tweet, or tell others “What’s happening?”. It’s similar to a Facebook status but much shorter and brighter. The book is told in tweet form, one of the reasons it’s so fast to read.

It’s a story (or conversation) about two strangers who chat on Twitter, and it’s not creepy (which you might have thought like I did before reading it), instead it’s really cute! I'd also say its funny & flirtatious.

In my opinion, this couple is hilarious, extremely witty and two smartasses who know a lot about pop culture. The woman is an author trying to write her second novel, which has to compete with her first novel that made it to Oprah’s book club. Her agent makes her a Twitter account and BAM the magic starts...or maybe it takes time & Tweetdeck. The man is extremely mysterious, never revealing his location. It's a book that will lift you up and touch your heart, maybe even make you shed a tear!

Now go read the book!

And of course you can follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/caterina88

Goodnight Tweethearts! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment