Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What Can We Learn From Victoria's Secret?




Last night was the annual Victoria’s Secret fashion show. During, immediately after and still today there’s an explosion of talk about the models. Twitter freaked out and of course it was a treading topic.

There were the expected comments that the models are too thin, they don’t workout, they’re anorexic, whatever. You can have whatever opinion that your heart desires. But that’s not the point of this blog post.

What I did notice during the brief hour the show was on TV, many real-life women & girls started talking about their own bodies. “Thanks a lot VS, now I’m just going to starve myself” – what WAIT?!

Watching tall, beautiful women strut their stuff in only lingerie will make the most confident person feel inferior. But that’s also not the point of this blog.

So what’s the point?

The point is… if you watched and wanted to make a change (an HONEST change), what’s stopping you?

There’s a few options when watching something like that… either use that new “motivation” you found, forget you ever watched it (Victoria who?) or continue to hate on your body.

Why hate on yourself? The way you treat yourself is the way other people will treat you.

Maybe you’ve hit the “enough is enough” point in your life and now you’re ready to do something about it. Let’s GET MOVING. Don't sit and hate on them or yourself - instead put in the work. Hit the gym, sign up for a race, press play on the workout dvd, do something!

This isn’t about Victoria’s Secret, models, bikinis, Katy Perry, whatever. It’s about YOU being the BEST version of yourself.

If I can help you do that, let me know. I'm happy to help!

Yours in health,
Caterina
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! A long time ago I realized that I am NOT built like a model (and that's ok!), but I do gain muscle and strength quickly, and I can accomplish any fitness goal I set for myself (like finishing the army ten miler at 18 weeks pregnant!). Do I have goals to cut fat our tone up? Yes! But it's so I can feel MY best, not look like someone I'm not.

    ReplyDelete