Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Down my Beachbody Memory Lane

Since I started my Beachbody Fitness Journey I have not actually taken the time to sit down and track what I have done over the years...wow, years. I feel like it was just yesterday when I stumbled upon TURBO JAM at my house, but actually it was at the end of my senior year in high school, which was in 2006. I honestly fell in LOVE with that program from the minute I tried it, I can not praise it enough or even find the right words to describe how I feel about it or Chalene. For many years, I would try and get as many people to give the workout a go with me. And thank you to everyone who has!

Now I know that people like to SEE for themselves before they'll agree the program des work. So here's some pictures and numbers:

Right before I started TURBO JAM:
April 2006
My highest:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 144 lbs


^I guess I never really noticed that I had that pooch & my face seems much chubbier. At that time, I would not have said, "oh yeah I could lose 10 lbs" BUT I did!

Within my first 3 months of Turbo Jam, I lost 10 lbs. I was so excited!! I even made the nurse at the doctors office check to prove that I had lost weight. ;)

Over the years, I have done PLENTY of Turbo Jam's. I started off doing the Maximum Results package and then for my birthday in June I got the Fat Burning Elite package, then when the Chalene Johnson Get On The Ball! set was released after that, I bought that one too! :) I couldn't wait to try ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!

Then last Christmas in 2008, I heard they were going to release Chalean Extreme. Which was unlike anything I have ever done before. Lift weights? Me? uh...no thank you. The most I had lifted was probably 5 lbs doing Turbo Sculpt but I got my first weight plate set and was ready to get extreme! I have completed 2 90 day rounds of Chalean Extreme and can not rave enough. Who knew that I would have MUSCLES? That I would feel STRONG? Even other people have commented on how firm my body has become. YES! During CE, I did not see a big jump in weight loss but the inches were coming off! That was a pleasant surprise. I know many people judge their weight loss success entirely by the number on the scale, well if you are going to go by that then you aren't going to notice the AMAZING changes your body is making! Losing inches and body fat is MORE rewarding and beneficial then dropping pounds.

This summer, 2009:
Weight: 129/130 lbs





Currently I am doing Insanity, which is a 60 day program, I am in week 2. I also love Turbo so much that I have become a TURBO KICK instructor as well as a HIP HOP HUSTLE instructor.

If there is something you are skeptical about or you think that it's not for you, just try it!! What have you got to lose? Maybe a few pounds. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment