Friday, December 18, 2009

Caterina's Week 2 Insanity Review!




So I bought Insanity during the middle of this semester and sadly I didn't give it the attention it deserves until NOW! So here I am ready to give you a little review of what I have been through so far in just 11 days.

Before I review I should tell you what Insanity is all about for those of you who don't already know.

This is the message that comes with Insanity-

Warning: We believe this is the HARDEST WORKOUT ever put on DVD. If you can get through it, it will get you into the BEST SHAPE of your life. But you must check with your physician before starting this program.

So what do you need to know about it?
-Insanity is a 60-day cardio-based total-body conditioning program. 60 days people, that's it!! Many of the other Beachbody programs, such as P90X or Chalean Extreme, are 90 day programs. Just think of what you can accomplish in 60 days. We'll I'm ready to do it!

Month 1:
-Workout 6 days a week for about 30 to 40 minutes a day

Month 2:
-Add 4 new workouts into the mix, doing about 45 minutes a day

Just like with any other Beachbody program, you get a complete guide telling you what workouts need to be done on what day, they take out the guesswork! I love that. My Insanity calendar is hanging right next to my bed. First thing in the morning and I know what will be in store for me.

Why kind of workouts do you do in Insanity?
"The method behind this madness is called "MAX Interval Training." You may have heard of interval training, but this is different. Most interval workouts are moderate cardio-based exercises with short, high-intensity intervals. But in MAX Interval Training your moderate-intensity exercise, and your short intervals of intensity get replaced with a short period of rest. So you are working harder and longer and resting less. And when we say MAX, we mean MAX."

Now enough of the technical stuff and on to my opinions!
On day 1 you are scheduled to take your FIT TEST. There are 8 moves that you are given about a minute to see how many reps you can accomplish in that alloted time. Now every 2 weeks I will be retaking my FIT TEST. This coming up Monday will be my second one so I will post my results and see if I'm progressing!

After my first FIT TEST, I was drenched and out of breath just as if I did any other type of crazy workout! I thought, okay if this is just the test BEFORE the workout, what did I get myself into!?



The first 2 workouts I tried with Mat I thought I was going to die. Okay, maybe not die, but definitely run out of breath and fall over. But I didn't and finishing each workout I felt PROUD. I had never done anything like this before.

The warm up alone is enough to get you out of breath and dripping wet with sweat but luckily after each warm up there is about a 5 minute stretching period, which is MUCH needed! Then it's time to hit it hard, GET FIT OR GET OUT!


Yesterday after I finished the Plyometric Cardio Circuit I was talking on the phone with Pamela and I was explaining to her that I actually felt FASTER during the moves. I realized that my feet were moving quicker, my arms were pumping harder and my mind was focused. I was still about to collapse in the end and I was out of breath, but the program is doing what it says, it's improving my cardio endurance & strength and it's only been 11 days!!

And this workout requires NO EQUIPMENT yet my arms and legs are sore just as if I lifted weights because of moves like push ups, suicide jumps and power jumps! I'm going to say, so far so GREAT. I love it! During the first couple workouts I was taking frequent breaks and complaining but once I got the hang of Shaun T's style, moves and routine I LOVE it! I've even got Jola & Kathy to try Insanity with me twice, maybe I can get them to write me a review too. ;)

Here's a preview of what INSANITY has to offer:



So let's remember, If I can do this, YOU can do this too!

1 comment:

  1. I have wondered...still not sure. I do love CLX, and I am so busy with the kids and homeschooling...blogginf is fun! Check mine out!

    ReplyDelete