Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Give it a shot!






Just give it a shot! Try everything once. Why not? That was what I told myself when I went shooting at the gun range for the first time with Spiro in December. It was fun! I’m not going to lie it was loud, which I shortly got used to. I still think, no matter how many times I go, I’ll jump on the inside when the people around me are shooting. My nerves will never completely go away; I think this is because I know in the back of my mind what guns are capable of doing. Anyway, the first time I went I was the only girl in the range and got a lot of encouragement from the old men around, I was “really good for a girl.” I’ll take the compliment, even if it was just for a girl. ;)

Today I went to the shooting range again with Spiro and this time Jola, this was my second time. My girl Jola has killer aim for the family jewels of our paper bully, so boys you better watch out! I’m proud of myself as well. :) You do feel like a badass when you are firing a gun, I'll tell you that much.

I don’t ever see myself as a girl owning a firearm; it still makes me nervous to see guns, even in the movies. But it’s something I can cross off the “to-do” list of life.

So try everything that comes your way! Whether it's shooting a gun, an exercise DVD, eating broccoli, whatever!! If you don't need up loving it at least you're left with a story to tell. :)

"Try everything once, except folk dancing and incest."
— Sir Thomas Beecham

No comments:

Post a Comment