Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bye bye bad vices!






Hello! I’m sitting at my house right now waiting for Pamela to come over so we can go for a run because it is beautiful outside! It’s currently 66 degrees, with a high of 73. It was snowing last week people, we need to embrace it! I just ran around my room taking pictures, I wanted to show you what I was working with.

I recently read somewhere that you have to equally BRING IT in the kitchen as you do with your weights, cardio, running, biking, whatever it is that makes you happy. Well this is a NO DUH moment for everyone, I’m sure. But really it’s much easier said than done.

This month in Shape (which I’m a faithful subscriber too!) there “Mantra of the Month” really hit me; I cut it out and put it up on my mirror:

I won’t trade short-term pleasure for long-term gain.”- Deep down you know what’s best for you. But sometimes when a fudge brownie calls your name or Mr. Afraid of Commitment wants to give it another try, you act on impulse and make a not-so-good-for-you choice. This can leave you with a bulging belly or broken heart. The next time you crave something that could cause you grief, ask yourself, “Is this good for me?” as opposed to, “Does this feel good?” Remember that your happiness in the long run is what’s most important. – Jared Matthew Weiss

Okay I LOVE working out, yes I have my weak moments where I convince myself that I can take a day off, or two, or three! Ah!! But for the most part I am here at least five (normally six) days a week eeking it out. When girls ask me for advice on losing weight I tell them “keep a food journal.” I noticed that when Kathy & I share our food journals with each other (via facebook) I eat much better than when I keep it too myself. However, I’m not going to lie I will tell her when I screw up and eat three brownies & drink a small Iced Capp (such as last Tuesday). Now those definitely were short-term pleasures that did not help my long-term gain. :( Enough with the bullshit! I even have Mat in my life saying, “Now Chalene wouldn’t be happy with that!” Who the heck taught him to talk to me that way? Oh yeah, I did, bad idea.

I started reading Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin, I haven’t finished it yet, I didn’t know it was a completely vegan book so that caused me to slow down a little bit, but for the most part the ladies speak the truth:

“Okay. Use your head. You need to get healthy if you want to get skinny. Healthy = skinny. Unhealthy = fat. The first thing you need to do is give up your gross vices. Don’t act surprised! You cannot keep eating the same shit and expect to get skinny” (11).

Wow, simple as that. Bye bye gross vices!

Today I got sucked into Kim Kardashian’s blog when I saw a Yahoo! News story reporting that Kim wants a six pack by summer. But I saw that she posed “Muscle & Fitness Hers” and on her blog she said, “Why is it that the top part gets ripped first and the lower part is sooo hard to tone up!? I am determined to have a six pack by summer!” Ain’t that the truth honey! I hear you Kim. She seems honest about it so I hope she does it.

Okay enough random rambling, Pamela needs to hurry up and save me from myself over here.

Hope you have a great day!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post!!!! You are so dang adorable!!
    Skinny Bitch!! Best book EVER!!! you want facts and tell it like it is... well then there's the book for you. Being Vegan drops the weight (and cellulite) off your body faster and healthier than any other plan out there. But it's a LIFESTYLE. Between being Vegan and RAW... you can't go wrong ;))
    But not all of us can or want to live a RAW Vegan Lifestyle... so in that case... Suck it up and commit yourself to eating right and working your ass off ;)))
    six pack by summer... i'm with you!!! let's do it!!!
    ChaLEAN Extreme Style and not "gross Vices!!"

    HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete